Sunday, February 19, 2012

An Ode to Evan

Ok, so it's not an actual ode.  Apparently, there are very strict guidelines for those.  But the thought counts, right?  Sometimes I wonder if Evan gets lost in all of the time we spend taking care of Jack.  I hope that's not true, but I think he needs some recognition.


I love listening to Evan wake up in the morning.  He comments on everything he does.  "I get up.  I go see Mommy.  Play with dog.  Drink milk."  And so on.  


Evan has the best smile EVER!!  And he has the laugh to go with it!


I love the way he curls up with his blanket at night.  He rubs it on his face and knows how to wrap himself in it.  He's like a little bug, all cocooned in his blanket and pillow.


Evan is turning into a pack-rat.  He stores toys in his bed at night, and he taught himself how to carry all of the toys he wants to take out with him.  It's hysterical.


I love how he comes and sits on my lap.  He backs himself up and plants himself right on me.  We both like this arrangement.  Truly.


Evan has the best eyes ever.  When he looks at me, I melt.


I love watching him befriend other children.  He always lights up when he sees kids his age, and I've even seen him put some at ease just by being friendly.


Evan is good little brother, staying downstairs with me when Jack is 'playing' upstairs with his 'friends'.  


He is a beautiful child, full of life and laughter.  I thank God for him.



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ode

No comments:

Post a Comment